Musei Capitolini

musei_capitolini_large
Piazza del Campidoglio , 1 – 00100 ROMA (RM)

The foundation of the most ancient publicly owned museums in the world dates back to 1471, when Pope Sixtus IV donated a group of bronze statues, previously housed in the Lateran, to the people of Rome. There are two buildings – the Palazzo dei Conservatori and Palazzo Nuovo -which, along with the Palazzo Senatorio, mark the limits of Piazza del Campidoglio. More information on the website en.museicapitolini.org

The purchase of the ticket for the current exhibition can be made after purchasing the “INGRESSO MUSEO” only.

In the event of an exhibition not mentioned at the time of your purchase, an integration fee must be paid at the ticket office.


Free or concessionary ticket cannot be purchased online, as proof of eligibility is required. Available only at the ticket office.

For information on regulations that govern entry to museums and archaeological sites: en.museicapitolini.org/informazioni_pratiche/biglietti_e_videoguide

ATTENTION! ON THE FIRST SUNDAY OF THE MONTH THE TICKET IS FREE FOR RESIDENTS.